Podium's distinctive value is in our ability to innovate with new and creative ideas
We are guided by environmental, social, Indigenous and governance practices that inspire thoughtfulness, understanding and support.
As one of Alberta's leading public relations firms, we add value, creativity and cutting-edge thinking to the government engagement experience, and solve challenges with targeted solutions.
- We deliver results by leading through confident decision making and forward moving action
- Our distinctive value is delivering insightful and intuitive advice, using our progressive mindset to focus on outcomes
- Smart, flexible political coaches who strategically connect clients to the right people
- Experienced in navigating thorny issues, using pragmatic, versatile strategies
- We provide energetic insight using a nexus of political understanding, lobbying and public sentiment
- Build plans that incorporate ESG strategies - we give clients a balanced, inside look at how to reach objectives
- We celebrate a generous culture of equity and inclusion
Land Acknowledgement:Podium offers thanks to the peoples of Treaty Six who walked in and cared for these lands since time immemorial and the Metis people who lived in these ancestral territories, for sharing your traditions and land with us. We honour your habitation of this place.
20+ years of experience in strategic communications, government engagement and public relations
About Marian Stuffco
Marian Stuffco is well known and respected for her vision, strong liaison building skills and aptitude to make tough decisions under pressure. Her career has focused on developing and implementing strategic engagement campaigns for a variety of organizations including the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, and the Canadian Olympic movement and Indigenous communities.
Career achievements include:
- Leading public relations firm in Calgary, Edmonton and Alberta with over two decades of experience in government relations and strategic engagement
- Owning and operating retail stores within Alberta
- Leading large teams of volunteers to achieve pan Canadian unity
- Brokering international athlete and coaching training opportunities
- Creating and shaping new ideas to refresh status quo processes or agencies
- Building a stakeholder engagement identity for Alberta’s physician regulator
- Leading Alberta’s first oil industry - First Nations symposium in Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Coordinating an international training exchange for coaches and athletes
- Managing a Canadian sport federation to an Olympic Bronze medal in the face of complete funding cuts by the federal government
Prior to RhPAP Bernard worked extensively within municipal and provincial health and human services departments, and while with the Government of Alberta held several Executive Director roles between the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Finance and Treasury Board. The roles in the Ministry of Health also included interim Assistant Deputy Minister.
Bernard has an extensive background in health workforce research, development and utilization of social media, communications and marketing, planning, social program development and implementation, strategic planning and NGO Board governance.
Bernard is an ardent supporter of education, having taught public policy, finance, government organization and design, as an adjunct professor at Dalhousie University, Halifax Nova Scoita, and developed and taught a community college interdisciplinary studies program training students for operational leadership roles within the non-profit sector.
Bernard holds master's degrees in public administration (Dalhousie University), and adult education (St. Francis Xavier University), and has completed the University of Alberta’s Senior and Executive Management Development Program. He is a member in good standing with the Canadian College of Health Leaders, having earned the Certified Health Executive distinction.
Bernard’s goal in partnering with Podium Inc. is to help smaller communities get their message through to Alberta’s provincial government.
Lucas Robertson joins the podium team as one such skilled and ambitious intern. Take a look at his achievements, credentials and ambitions and you will most likely agree. Scholastics, sport and volunteerism performed at a high level of excellence.
Check out his creds:
1. University of British Columbia, Vancouver — Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Classical Studies – in progress
2. Selected to Team Alberta (2016-2019 and Canada National Football Team (2019-2020)
3. UBC Varsity Football Team 2019 - 2023
4. UBC Model European Union 2019 - 2023
And the awards Lucas has received include the Rutherford Scholarship, Shawn Olson Scholarship, the Dr. Roderick McKenzie Bursary (Award for students in upper year Classical Studies Courses) and the Beta Theta Pi Men of Principle Scholarship (Awarded for academic success and community involvement).
For the past two years, he has seen on the UBC Dean's List and the Usport Academic All-Canadian.
And yes, Lucas is a published author: The Case for the Classics in Alberta’s New K-6 School Curriculum, C2C Journal and, Why Canada Should Remember, C2c2 Journal.
We are thrilled to support Lucas as he molds and develops his political wheelhouse and we hope you will have the privilege of working with him.